Fresh, engaging and out there. The journal of a modern journalist

Find out more about me

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Jobs done

Meeting in Glasgow. Tick.
Meeting in Bridge of Weir. Tick
Three hours of cycle training. Tick.
Test drive of shiny new Skins. Tick.

It's amazing what you can achieve in a day if you get your act together - and get on your bike. Today I achieved all of the above and while I'm feeling a bit weary this evening I have made the best use of my time possible.

The day went as follows. Walked Little Miss Outdoors to school, walked home and checked emails, cycled 5 miles to Greaves Sports shop in Glasgow to chat about new "She" Skins product, cycled to Bridge of Weir via the Paisley to BoW cycle way, had lunch with Fabulous Friend Ellen, had meeting with Fabulous Friend Ellen and two potential business associates, cycled back to Bearsden via the Erskine Bridge (for a change of scene), checked emails, picked up Little Miss Outdoors from childminder, etc.

During the day I also put the She Skins tights to the test. On arrival at Fabulous Friend Ellen's house I changed into the super tight, super sleek-feeling Skins tights. I kept them on for two hours to see if they would do their magic. The claim is that Skins aid muscle recovery thanks to their patented BioAcceleration Technology, which apparently has super-magical circulatory benefits. Well that's the theory.

The new She Skins - made with the female physique in mind (see fabbie pic of athlete Tara Holt above left) – also have the advantage of slimming down the look of your legs and bum (now that's a bonus) and keeping everything firmly in place (no woman is going to argue with this benefit!).

But do they work? Today's little experiment would appear to confirm that they do. While I had expected to have aching thigh muscles for the return cycle my legs actually felt bright and responsive. Of course, this result could be because I have become fitter during the last few weeks of mad cycling outings. It could have been to do with a gentle tail wind. Or t could be because the Skins did what they say they will on the label. I’ll be testing them further in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment