Fresh, engaging and out there. The journal of a modern journalist

Find out more about me

Friday 9 April 2010

Loving the fitness buzz at Arthur's Seat


With half an hour to spare after an Edinburgh meeting and before sunset I headed to Arthur's Seat for a quick jog. I have run up and around Arthur's Seat a few times over the years but never on an evening. So I was amazed to see how many people come to the iconic hill for their post-work keep-fit session.

There were walkers, runners, cyclists and a group of BMF style addicts. I saw all ages, all fitness levels and a pretty even split of men and women. While I normally enjoy running away from the madding crowds last night I loved the up-beat atmosphere of being out with lots of folk doing the same kind of thing. Then again, perhaps my brain had been cooked by the unusually warm and bright evening, or maybe I was just a little dizzy after a day of mad driving and lots of business chat?!

I'd recommend Arthur's Seat for a nice countrified-but-still-in-the-city run/cycle, for the wonderful views and for the fun of being out and about keeping fit with lots of other likeminded folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment