Fresh, engaging and out there. The journal of a modern journalist

Find out more about me

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Have you ever heard a storm petrel?

I'm currently writing an article about wonderful natural hotspots across Scotland. I love this kind of writing as it means I get to research all manner of interesting things – and speak to a wide range of fascinating outdoorsy people.

In the course of a phone chat with Hugh from Shetland Wildlife I learned all about the colony of storm petrels that inhabits Mousa Brosh on Mousa island. Hugh then directed me to an audio recording on his website where I could have a listen to the amazing sound of these seabirds.

Shetland Wildlife boasts a huge array of other audio recordings but I thought other people might like to find out exactly what a storm petrel sounds like. Click on the audio start button on this link. So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment